Welcome to NDSi and N3DS backup tool site
You are not Logged in to check your messages.
Nintendo 3DS R4 and R4i Flash Cards for DS ROMs and Apps
Today's Popular Articles and Posts:
Gateway 3DS rom flash card
R4 Shop - lowest prices for all N3DS flash cartridges plus free shipping and 6 month warranty. Buy with confidence We sell only original carts that are flashed with the latest kernel that makes them compatible with all the latest console firmware versions.
Gateway-3DS.com the GATEWAY 3DS rom card review!
Gateway 3DS • Nintendo 3DS Rom Backup Card
Read our Gateway 3DS card hands-on review »
- Unboxing Video
- Compatibility with 3DS Roms
- 3DS Firmware requirements
- Image Gallery
- Where to download game roms for Gateway 3DS
www.GATEWAY3DS.info - it WORKS!
Prepare the GW3DS card
As some may have guessed if you followed the hacking scene 3DS, this section will be the most substantial of review: the great simplicity of use that offered the latest flashcard for DS came from a troubled history of card Slot-2 and complex methods to load the ROM, which required a fair use of the PC in order to operate. Similarly, the first flashcard for 3DS shines not safe for convenience of use, but, in its defense, it is necessary to note that the method of preparation of the card and the ROM is not even the most complex and expensive in terms of time . Of course, this is not a simple drag-and-drop the ROM inside the SD, but the process takes a few minutes if done properly and is quite user friendly, thanks to a comprehensive online documentation and easy to consult.
First of all: Watch! The flashcards at the time, only works with the 3DS firmware up to 4.1 ~ 4.5. Each newer version of the firmware Nintendo makes it unusable the Gateway.
- The first step in the preparation of the Gateway is to use the installer. This step is necessary depending on the card (which I will call "blue" from now on, referring to the R4i included in the package), and a microSD empty. The files required for the operation of the blue card are available, along with the manuals, on the site of the Gateway, and are organized in this way:
Once you've copied the files to the microSD card and inserted the blue in the 3DS, the device will be recognized by the system as the game Deep Labyrinth of Atlus
Apart from the system files required for the operation of the blue card (in the __ rpg there is any operating system, which also contains the file usercheat.dat for Action Replay codes and files for the DLDI auto-patching the ROM) , the only file really interesting with regard to the review the ROM. nds, ie GW_INSTALL.nds. This ROM contains the installer which you can see in the pictures below. At the start of ROM, a minimal screen to white text on blue (no jokes on windows) asks if we are ready to start the installer. Confirming the procedure is automatic and requires a few seconds, and once completed, we can turn off the console and remove the card from the slot of the blue 3DS. It should be noted that, for a holder of a flashcard compatible with firmware 4.1 ~ 4.5, it is not necessary to use the card in blue envelope, but you can copy the only ROM GW_INSTALL.nds in the root of your flashcard and start it with this.
- The second step is, manually speaking, more simple. Just copy the Launcher.dat file on the SD card that came with the 3DS, in the root of the memory. It is a simple drag-and-drop operation is completed in a few seconds. The file size is about 1 MB, so very light, and does not require as a result of free space on the SD, in the case of small memories (the one supplied with the 3DS is 2GB, while the XL version is exactly twice). The only trick recommended by the manufacturer of the card is to format the SD card with FAT32 file system.
The preparation procedure of the console is now complete, nothing too laborious, in fact. Now, to be recognized by the Gateway system of the 3DS is not, however, simply insert the card into the slot, but you have to let the system to enter the team christened "Gateway Mode". It should be emphasized that the procedure for the GW Mode must be repeated every time the console. Also in this case we speak of a routine that takes a matter of seconds, and quite easy to do: just follow from the console menu Settings -> General Settings -> Profile -> Profile Nintendo DS. Selecting the latter option, the console will undergo a softreset (lasting 5-6 seconds) and to restart the 3DS will be able to recognize the Gateway as an original cartridge Nintendo.
- At this point, everything is ready to load the ROM on the microSD that can be noted in Gateway. As mentioned just above, the passage is something more than a simple copy-paste it into the microSD dump file of the game: we in effect write the image file on the media, which can contere, therefore, only the and nothing else. No files to upload or anything, manufacturers recommend using win32diskimager (available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diski...atest/download) for this part. In the program simply select the source (ie the file .3 ds, our dump), and the destination memory (microSD) and the program will write the image automatically.
- Finally, the nice part: just insert the microSD into the Gateway and in turn put the flashcard into the 3DS, and the game loaded will be recognized and playable (if all are done in a workmanlike manner).
The game saves are automatically copied to the SD card that came with the 3DS, then the change of ROM on the SD does not corrupt any saved games. Simply copy the game on the microSD and the system will automatically detect if there are any available compatible bailouts for the title in question, charging them. This arrangement makes it much faster and easier exchange of ROM (or microSD) in Gateway, avoiding every time you copy the entire image in memory to avoid losing the bailouts.
Official opening of pre-orders !
Gateway is please to announce start of manufacturing and the opening of pre-orders. We expect to roll out the first units to resellers within the next fortnight.
Please pay special attention to the following critical information regarding our current software development phase.
1) Yes, we are exploit based (Yay !?) and therefore very dependent on console firmware version: Our current plan is to release for firmware version 4.5 while continuing work on a solution for 6.x + after release. (please see note below)
2) Gateway will be shipped with 2 cards, the red Gateway shown in our video, which will handle 3ds backups, and a blue ds cart which will be used to prepare the console. ( more demo videos showing save game compatibility as well as setup procedures to follow soon )
3) Your console can be safely updated to 4.5 by using an original title released after March 2013 till current. Please double check the update message (version) before proceeding !
We currently have a very convenient and user friendly way to enter into our Gateway mode, while this entry point has been tested up to 6.0 we expect it to be shut off shortly after we release. We can not stress enough the importance of staying away from any further updates! ( 6.0 compatibility is only valid for our initial entry point, as stated in point (1) we currently only support firmware version 4.5 )
While you are waiting for the Gateway 3DS why don't you check out Nintendo 3DS compatible cards that can be used to run NDS roms on the 3DS / DSi / DS : EZ-Flash, Cyclo3DS , SuperCard DSTWO and AceKard 3. They can not play 3DS games but are great R4 flash cards for playing ~2000 available nds roms as well as DS homebrew and Emulators!
Now you can use your Nintendo DS with the R4i 3DS cards to run homebrew applications, these are programs developed by independent programmers that will enable your Nintendo DS to do things that it could not do before. With the R4i 3DS flash cards you will turn your Nintendo DS than just a video game machine; you can now browse the Internet via Wi-Fi, listen to music, watch movies (in *.dpg format) and even read e-books! You can even play games from the earlier Nintendo systems, like the NES and the Super NES, just download the necessary files from the Internet and you're ready to go playing old school games.
Nintendo 3DS Emulator -for playing Game Card Backups also known as 3DS ROMs. Pokemon IR and full details at 3DS Wiki . How to download and play Super Mario 3D from a R4 DS Card. The best Shop for 3DS Flash Carts.
Reviews of SuperCard DSTWO 3DS (SC3DS), AceKard 2i also known as AceKard 3 because of it's compatibility wit the N3DS. EZ-Flash Viand CycloDS iEvo with DSi mode support.
Bear in mind that for playing commercial DS ROMS from R43DS cards to be legal you need to own the original games if you want to use the backup copies with the Nintendo R4 3DS flashcards. If you don't own the original game cartridges please choose to play Freeware or Homebrew games. In many countries it is illegal to play the backup copies because of piracy.
R4i Gold and R4i DSN for 3DS
These two Nintendo 3DS R4 and R4i Flash Cards costs $11. They could play DS and DSi game sin DS mode but are hopeless at DSi games in DSi mode.
SuperCard DSTwo 3DS
Bootloader updates, Game updates, Auto-Boot, SDHC slot, Blocks Anti-Piracy, Real Time Menus, Slow Motion, Free Cheat and supports Special Homebrew.
Acekard 2i and AceKard 3 3DS
Both can play DS games in DS mode but only the Acekard 2i can play DSi games in DS mode. Both cannot play DSi games in DS mode and only the Acekard 2i can play games on 3DS.
The first true 3DS Flash Card that can play 3DS ROMs. While other R4 cards are 3DS compatible they will only run .NDS roms wehen as GATEWAY 3DS is a real next gen flash card for the new console. Gateway 3DS ROM card »
probably the best use of the Nintendo R4 3DS flash cards is that you can now play backup copies of your games that you own. Backup files are also known as Nintendo DS ROMs. Now you no longer have to bring all of your game cartridges with you whenever you want to play with your Nintendo DS, you can now save backup copies of them in the micro SD card and access them through the Nintendo R4i 3DS cards. This also helps you keep your original cartridges safe from constant use, making them last longer. Buy R4 3DS Cards online »
Using Nintendo R4 3DS cards is so easy. The user interface is simple and easy to understand; you can even customize it if you want using the built-in themes creator included in the adapter. Transferring files is easy as well in R4i flash cards; all you need to do is remove the micro SD card from the back of the R4i 3DS cards and connect it to your PC using a card reader. Now you can just drag and drop all the files you want from your PC to the micro SD card; it's that simple. And because the memory of the 3DS R4i cards is expandable up to 32 GB, you can now put in as much content as you want and take them with you wherever you go!